I completed my Ph.D. in Social Psychology in 2010 and started a postdoctoral research position at Massachusetts General Hospital in August 2010. I have been working for the Emergency Medicine Network and have been involved in several projects directed at developing more effective treatment plans for patients in the emergency department. Both the academic and applied aspects of this position afford me the opportunity to build my expertise in health behavior research. My career goal is to be a full-time faculty member at an institution that allows me to interact with and teach students as well as sustain my research interests through grant funding and applied work.
- Applied Social Psychology
- Health Psychology
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Motivation, Goal Setting
- Personality, Individual Differences
- Research Methods, Assessment
Note from the Network: The holder of this profile has certified having all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to post the files listed below. Visitors are welcome to copy or use any files for noncommercial or journalistic purposes provided they credit the profile holder and cite this page as the source.
- Siegel, J. T., Alvaro, E., Pace-Jones, S., Crano, W. C., Lac, A., & Ting, S. (2008). A quasi-experimental investigation of message appeal variations on organ donor registration rates. Health Psychology, 27, 170-178.
- Thompson, S. C., Schlehofer, M. M., Ting, S., Ostermann, S., Nierman, A., & Skenderian, J. (2010). Psychological predictors of college students’ cell phone use while driving. Accident Analysis and Prevention, 42, 1107-1112.
- Thompson, S. C., & Ting, S. A. (2011). Avoidance denial vs. optimistic denial in reaction to the threat of future cardiovascular disease. Health, Education, & Behavior.
- Thompson, S. C., Ting, S., & Gonzalez, A. (2011). Could that happen to me?: Individual differences in perceptions of threat and intentions to take protective action. Journal of Applied Biobehavioral Research.
- Ting, S. A., Sullivan, A. F., Millier, I., Espinola, J. A., Allen, M. H., Camargo, C. A., & Boudreaux, E. D. (2011). Multicenter study of predictors of suicide screening in emergency departments. Academic Emergency Medicine.
- Crano, W. D., Ting, S., & Hemovich, V. (2009). Inhalants. In L. Cohen (Ed.), The pharmacology and treatment of substance abuse: An evidence based approach. New York: Routledge.
Emergency Medicine Network
Massachusetts General Hospital
326 Cambridge Street
Boston, Massachusetts 02114